What are the required documents for Visa in Malaysia?
Created by: Deleted Agent
Modified on: Thu, 20 Feb, 2020 at 11:47 AM
- Passport: Original Passport with validity of 6 months upon arrival in Malaysia and minimum three blank pages for visa stamp. Attach all your old passports (if any)
If applying from Mumbai & Chennai:
Passport: Original Passport with validity of more than nine months and minimum three blank page for visa stamp.
****Handwritten passport will not be accepted.
- Malaysia Visa Application Form Delhi : One visa application form printed back to back , duly filled and signed by the applicant.
Malaysia Visa Application Form Mumbai : One visa application form printed back to back , duly filled and signed by the applicant.
Malaysia Visa Application Form Chennai : One visa application form printed back to back , duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Photo Specification: Three recent passport size coloured photographs with matt finish. Photo should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 60%-70% of the photograph, white background and without border (Size: 3.5 cm x 5.0 cm)
(For applicants applying in Mumbai, Ahmedabad & Pune the specification of Photograph required would be 3.5 cm x 5.0 cm with clear view of neck and shoulders & 60%-70% face appearance along with white background)
a) Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
b) Two photographs to be pasted on the form and one photo is to be clipped to the passport using a u-clip.
- Covering Letter :
a) Covering Letter from applicant on business letter head mentioning name, designation,passport number, purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – The Visa Officer,High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi.
Please Note : Covering Letter on Letterhead if applicant is Self Employed or on plain paper if Employed.
b) If applying from Mumbai: The letter should be addressed to "Consulate General of Malaysia,Mumbai.
c) If applying from Chennai: The letter should be addressed to "Consulate General of Malaysia,Chennai.
- Hotel: Hotel booking (If applying from Mumbai)
- Ticket: Confirmed Air Ticket.
- If applying from Mumbai:
Financials: Original Bank Statement for last three months with bank seal & signature on each and every page and with a minimum balance of Rs.30000
Please Note: If balance is less than Rs.30000 then hotel confirmation has to be submitted along with the visa application.
- Note : If applying from Mumbai
If applying from Mumbai and the passport is not issued from Maharashtra, Madya Pradesh-only Raipur & Bhopal, Gujarat, Goa then any of the stay proofs of your residence in Maharashtra , Madhya Pradesh-Bhopal , Gujarat , Goa as per the below is required.
1. Lease and License Agreement
2. Original NOC letter from the society with signatory’s name, designation, signature and society seal.
3. Adhaar Card
4. Original address proof letter from company
- Note : If applying from Chennai.
a) If applying visa from Chennai, applicant has to attach copy of company ID card along with the visa application.
b) If your passport is not issued from Tamil nadu , Andhra Pradesh , Kerala and Karnataka then you have to submit any two stay proofs of your residence in Tamil nadu , Andhra Pradesh , Kerala and Karnataka as per the below.
1. Lease & License Agreement
2. Last three month updated bank statement
3. Address proof in the Companies letter head (Original)
4. MTNL, BSNL bill of last month
5. Electricity bill of last month
6. Rental Agreement
7. Nationalized Bank statement
- Note: If applying in Mumbai:
a) Passenger holding BOM / SIN /BOM ticket need to show Singapore visa and have to mention in covering- letter how they are travelling to Malaysia and how will they buy their ticket.
b) All out station issued Passports now require stay proof letter and 20 Years old passport will not be accepted.
- Important Notification for Applicants applying in North and East India:
a) Effective 1st June 2016, all demand drafts submitted along with the Malaysia visa application, must be valid for at least ONE MONTH from the date of submission. Any demand draft with less validity stands to be rejected upon submission.
b) With immediate effect, applicants who have not travelled to Malaysia with the visa issued to him/her earlier, must attach a declaration letter stating the actual reason for failing to travel last time with the valid Malaysian visa. Failure to do so, may risk rejection of the current visa application.
- With effect from 3rd January 2017, below directives are applicable for applying Malaysia visa in North and East India.
1- Applicant travelling outside the country for first time or new passport with no prior travel stamps must submit 3 months recent bank statement (Self or Sponsor’s) with original endorsement from bank and support letter from sponsor stating relationship to applicant (exception for minors 17 years and below)
2- Applicants with passport not issued from North and East India need to submit at least one of the mandatory documents listed below as an address proof.
a) Copy of Aadhar Card (Both sides)
b) Lease and License Agreement
c) Utility bill
d) Original Society letter
e) Bank statement
f) Original letter from the company or school/college/institution
*Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any matter.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.